Giving Options

Thank you for your interest in supporting students who who want to go to college! There are many ways to give that will fit your goals and your gifts are tax-deductible. Gifts can be unrestricted and applied to the areas of greatest need, or you may specify how they are to be used. We appreciate your support!

Cash or Check

To make a cash or check gift, you may deliver your gift to our office at 1501 Gamble Avenue, contact Holly Trawick at 205-310-3189 or mail your gift to Walker College Foundation (WCF), P. O. Box 2228, Jasper, AL 35502.

Credit Card

To make a gift by credit card, contact Holly Trawick at 205-310-3189 or make a secure donation through this web site using the Give Now button.

Matching Gifts

The value of your gift may be increased if your employer participates in the Matching Gift program. To see if your gift qualifies for a match, please contact your employer’s human resources office.

Securities / Stocks

A gift of appreciated securities can provide you with several benefits, including the avoidance of capital gains tax assessment and the preservation of cash assets.

Wills / Living Trusts

By remembering Walker College Foundation in your will or living trust, you are ensuring students will have access to college for years to come. Your charitable bequest also entitles your estate to an unlimited federal estate tax charitable deduction.

Life Insurance Designation

Gifts of life insurance enable donors to make a future major gift to Walker College Foundation at a relatively modest cost. Donors generally are entitled to a federal income tax deduction for the value of ongoing premium payments. We accept gifts of life insurance and may also pay premiums for plans designated to benefit the Walker College Foundation.

Charitable Remainder/Lead Trust

Charitable Trusts may interest you if you want to make a significant gift to charity and want to:

1) boost your retirement income;

2) provide for your heirs;

3) reduce your taxes;

4) support students who dream of going to college.

Charitable Gift Annuities

Charitable Gift Annuities may interest you if you want to make a significant gift to charity and want to:

1) receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for your gift;

2) reduce your taxes;

3) support students who dream of going to college.

Donations from your IRA account

Donors who are at least 70 1/2 years old who take distributions from an IRA account and want to support Walker College Foundation can take advantage of a recent temporary tax law change. This law permits donors to contribute up to $100,000 from an IRA account with no federal tax consequences if it is paid directly to a charity. If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.

Personal Property

Gifts of your personal property may provide you with a tax benefit while giving your prized possessions a new purpose of supporting students who dream of going to college.

Real Estate

Want to make a large gift without touching your bank account? Real estate helps us continue our mission for years to come. And, when you give appreciated property you have held longer than one year, you get a federal income tax charitable deduction.

Establish an Endowed or Annual Scholarship Fund

1) Establish an Endowed Scholarship Fund in your name or the name of a loved one and create a lasting legacy. The corpus of endowed scholarship funds remain intact and scholarships are provided from the interest generated by the corpus. 
2) Establish an Annual Scholarship Fund and choose the size of the scholarship distributed each year. This type of scholarship fund distributes scholarships only as long as contributions are being added to the fund.